Do you remember the Pink Drink from Starbucks? Yes, the pink drink which it swept away a few years ago is still one of the coffee chain’s great inventions. A healthier combination than many people thinks is still in the heads, hearts, and palates of many customers. For the nostalgic who long for it, we tell you How to make a Starbucks Pink Drink (pink drink) at home | Prescription
On a recurring basis, Starbucks launches some unique products that are temporarily kept on its menu. One of the most remembered is the Unicorn Frappuccino that swept the world. Something similar happened with the Mermaid Frappuccino, the mermaid Frapuccino, where the rainbow that made up its ingredients made it even worth drinking.
What did both drinks have in common, besides their garish color palette? That they were a bombshell of calories, not suitable for all audiences. This aspect was taken into account for what has been, perhaps, the company’s most relevant drink in recent years.
The original ingredients of this drink were never fully revealed. In fact, it was known that the base was Strawberry Açai Refresher, a classic of their cocktails, to which coconut milk was added. The rest of the ingredients were a secret that is still well kept in the Starbucks safe.
In fact, there was a version of this drink, called Ombré Pink Drink, which combined Cool Lime Refresher, coconut milk, and a shot of Passion Tango Tea, in which tropical elements such as lemongrass, hibiscus, papaya, and mango are combined. This drink was somewhat less cloying than the original and, in addition, it did not reach 100 calories, so it was much lighter and healthier.
Despite this, today we are here for the original recipe and we are going to show you how to make a Starbucks Pink Drink at home.
HOW TO MAKE A STARBUCKS PINK DRINK AT HOME STEP BY STEP
Obviously, to learn how to make a Starbucks Pink Drink at home we must have all the ingredients. While Starbucks does not reveal its secret formula, everything will be approximate. Now, there are recipes that come closer than others and this is one of them.
So, these are the ingredients to make a Starbucks Pink Drink (pink drink) at home
- blueberry juice
- Coconut milk
- natural strawberries
- green coffee extract
With the ingredients prepared, all you have to do is start making a Starbucks Pink Drink at home and think about the money you can save.
By the way, those who are not friends with coconut milk can replace it with soy milk, almond milk or any special milk, in case they are lactose intolerant. It is just as rich as any of them.
In fact, one of the advantages of making a Starbucks Pink Drink at home is that you can control the taste of your Pink Drink, and the quantities and make your own version to your liking. And we reiterate, save good money and the long queues that sometimes form. All advantages.
- Step 1 – The first thing we must do is pour two cups of boiling water into a half-liter glass in which, previously, you must have placed two sachets of green coffee extract. Let it sit for 15 minutes until it cools completely.
- Step 2 – Once cold, squeeze the green coffee extract sachets to get out the purest liquor and remove them. You already have the base of your homemade Pink Drink.
- Step 3 – Next, add a dash of cranberry juice to the tea and stir until smooth.
- Step 4 – Take a tall glass and fill it to the top with ice. Pour half of the mixture into the glass and fill to the top with the coconut milk or the option you have chosen.
- Step 5 – Lastly, quarter or slice the strawberries and place them on top of the glass
- Step 6 – If you want to sweeten your homemade Pink Drink, add the sweetener you deem appropriate.
- Step 7 – Also optional, if you want to give it a Starbucks touch you can cover the top with whipped cream, seconds before you start enjoying your homemade Pink Drink.
Remember that you have another cup of a green coffee extract with cranberry juice ready to make another homemade Pink Drink if you want more.
Take advantage of this double opportunity to measure quantities, adding or subtracting until it fits perfectly to your liking.
Also, you should know that each homemade Pink Drink, if you follow the instructions we have given you, will not have more than 124 calories
Obviously, when it comes to getting the ingredients, the recommendation is that you don’t skimp and buy quality products. Think about how much each Pink Drink costs and multiply by the number of homemade versions that you are going to be able to make with that money saved. In the end, if you want to make Starbucks Pink Drink at home, you have to get as close to its flavor as possible.
To achieve this, you must have the best products. In fact, do not hesitate to buy the green coffee extract from Starbucks itself, it is difficult to find a better one.